We welcome and encourage your comments and feedback in Emory Healthcare’s blog space, http://advancingyourhealth.org. We try our best to respond to every comment. However, in compliance with HIPAA guidelines, as well as our dedication to providing the highest quality care, we cannot give specific medical advice based on the content of your comments or posts.
Comments are moderated before they are approved for posting on our blogs. We will not approve comments that use profanity or abusive language, promote a product, or are off-topic.
Comments that are submitted with a first and last name and include personal medical history or other personal health information may be edited to remove details that could allow others to identify the individual commenting. We do this to protect your privacy.
We may use your email address to contact you directly for more information, or to direct you in how to contact us for more help. We will not sell or divulge your contact information to any other organization unless required to by law, nor will we use it for any other purpose without your permission.
By posting any comments, posts or other content, or by participating in live chat on Emory Healthcare-sponsored blogs, you give Emory Healthcare the irrevocable right to reproduce, distribute, publish, display, edit, modify, create derivative works from, and otherwise use your submission for any purpose in any form and on any media. You also agree that you will not:
- Post material that infringes on the rights of any third party, including intellectual property, privacy or publicity rights.
- Post material that is unlawful, obscene, defamatory, threatening, harassing, abusive, slanderous, hateful, or embarrassing to any other person or entity as determined by Emory Healthcare in its sole discretion.
- Post advertisements or solicitations of business.
- Post chain letters or pyramid schemes.
- Impersonate another person.
- Allow any other person or entity to use your identification for posting or viewing comments.
- Post the same comment more than once or “spam.”
Emory Healthcare reserves the right (but is not obligated) to do any or all of the following:
- Remove communications that are abusive, illegal or disruptive, or that otherwise fail to conform with these Terms and Conditions.
- Terminate a user’s access to the blog feature upon any breach of these Terms and Conditions.
- Edit or delete any communications posted on the blog feature, regardless of whether such communications violate these standards.
- Remove or “boot” chat participants who violate any terms listed above.
Finally, you agree that you will indemnify Emory Healthcare against any damages, losses, liabilities, judgments, costs or expenses (including reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs) arising out of a claim by a third party relating to any material you have posted on this website.