Did you know that Heart disease and stroke are the number 1 and number 3 causes of death in America? Over 1 million Americans die from these two diseases annually. Emory Healthcare and Emory’s Heart & Vascular Center encourage you all to participate in the 2011 Metro Atlanta Heart Walk! Your participation helps support critical, lifesaving initiatives to help fight heart disease and stroke.
2011 Metro Atlanta Heart Walk Event Details
- Date: Saturday, October 30th
- Time: 9:00am (walk starts)
- Distance: 5k (3.1 miles)
- Location: Downtown Atlanta in the Turner Field Green Lot (755 Hank Aaron Drive, Atlanta, GA 30315) You can visit www.atlantabraves.com for directions.
Festivities, such as company picnics, special heart walk activities for children, health screenings and entertainment, will begin
around 8:00 a.m. The 5K/3.1-mile walk begins at 9:00 a.m.
Register to Join the Emory Atlanta Heart Walk Team:
To register as part of Emory’s walking team, follow these 4 steps:
- Visit www.atlantaheartwalk.org
- To register as a participant, click Register and then click “I agree to the waiver.”
- Select Join a Team. Find Emory Healthcare in the drop-down box and find the name of the team you want to join.
- Login to your personal Heart Walk page and personalize it by telling your story and adding a photo.
The funds raised from the Metro Atlanta Heart Walk go to support the American Heart Association’s critical research, education, and heart health advocacy initiatives.
Join the Emory team today and make a difference in the lives of others! Through participation in the 2010 Atlanta Heart Walk, over 1950 Emory Healthcare walkers raised more than $286,000 for the American Heart Association and was the No. 1 team in Atlanta for the 9th year in a row!
If you have walked in past Heart Walks, we would love your feedback. Tell us in the comments below why you walk, and what the experience means to you. Feel free to share any feedback that you think could help motivate others to participate.