For many of us, a new year brings new hopes and wishes for a better life and better health. Maybe you’ve resolved to start taking better care of yourself this year but aren’t sure where to start. How about with your skin?
For some, a simple skin care routine may be enough to achieve a fresh look. Medical-grade exfoliating agents, moisturizers and a broad-spectrum sunscreen can renew and protect the superficial layers of your skin and bring back your natural glow. Skin care products like these are available at the Emory Aesthetic Center Spa.
Non-invasive facial rejuvenation
- Soften fine wrinkles
- Erase sun spots and blemishes
- Improve melasma and freckles
- Stimulate collagen production to treat and prevent facial aging
For mature skin, with more intense sun damage and wrinkling, deeper treatments like Croton oil peels or CO2 and Erbium lasers are great options. These procedures work in the deepest layers of the skin to improve stubborn lines and skin laxity. These deeper skin treatments require about a week of downtime but give longer lasting results.
Injectables and fillers
Injectables , like Botox®, and fillers , like hyaluronic acid, are incredible rejuvenating agents that help treat and prevent signs of aging. Botox is used to relax face muscles and treat wrinkles that appear with facial expressions. They also can prevent wrinkles from becoming permanent. Fillers are used to restore volume and enhance the shape of specific facial areas. They are used to treat folds and wrinkles around the mouth, improve the shape and volume of the lips, treat hollow eyelids and improve the cheek bone volume and projection.
Surgical facial rejuvenation
There’s a wide offering of noninvasive procedures that give amazing and natural looking results, but sometimes surgery is the only option. For instance:
- Neck – Neck laxity may show up as a bulge under your chin or a change in your jawline. It’s hard to treat without surgery because extra skin needs to be removed and lax muscle needs to be tightened. Only a neck lift can treat this and produce a lasting result.
- Eyes – Upper and lower can lose volume and build up extra skin. Although it’s possible to treat mild aging changes in these areas with noninvasive procedures, a surgical procedure like a blepharoplasty eyelids is usually needed to remove extra skin and under-eye bags.
- Eyebrows – Eyebrows can droop beneath the brow bone. When this happens, a brow lift is needed to reposition the brows and rejuvenate the area.
Emory Aesthetic Center
If you’re considering a fresh look, come see the expert physicians at the Emory Aesthetic Center for a complimentary consultation. We’re happy to help you find the right surgical or nonsurgical procedure for your goals.